While features in a single NOAA ENC represent the geographic region that is depicted in that particular ENC cell, NOAA ENC Online provides a continuous depiction of the U.S. coastal and marine environment as it is displayed on electronic chart systems.
ENCs are updated weekly and include all of the latest Notice to Mariners corrections.
NOAA ENC Online
- Displays the S-57 datasets using S-52 presentation library specification edition 3.4.
- Provides indexing for the S-57 attribute Object Name (OBJNAM)
- Provides access to S-57 attribute information
- Links external files to S-57 attributes
- Allows for the best scale data to be displayed similar to how an ECDIS displays best scale data based on the map scale as a user zooms in and out of the display.
- Query entire service on Object Name (OBJNAM)
- Provides access to Esri basemaps with the Ocean basemap being applied by default
- Identify features and displays their attributes in a pick list
- Zoom to selected features
- Area and distance measure tools
Users who want to display NOAA ENC Online as a backdrop for GIS applications should use:
Esri REST Service
OGC WMS 1.3 Compatible
Please note that certain functionality, such as identify and search, may not be supported by other GIS applications.
Note: This application is not optimized for mobile web browsing.
For more information about Esri technology, email email@example.com.
NOAA ENC Online is not certified for navigation.
Screen captures of the ENCs displayed here do NOT fulfill chart carriage requirements for regulated commercial vessels under Titles 33 and 46 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Please submit comments to suggest improvements to the service.