For an explanation of the chart features shown in the image, find the green number associated with a particular feature. Then simply scroll down to the corresponding number in the list located below the image.
1. Chart number in national chart series
2. Identification of a latticed chart (if any):
3. Chart number in international chart series (if any)
- D for Decca
- Loran-C Overprinted for Loran C
- Omega Overprinted for Omega
4. Publication note (imprint)
5. Stock number
6. Edition note. In the example: Fifth edition published in May 1989
7. Source data diagram (if any). For attention to navigators: use caution where surveys are inadequate
8. Dimensions of inner borders
9. Corner coordinates
10. Chart title (may be quoted when ordering a chart, in addition to chart number)
11. Explanatory notes on chart construction, etc. (to be read before using chart)
12. Seals: In the example, the national and International Hydrographic Organization seals show that this national chart is also an international one. Purely national charts have the national seal only. Reproductions of charts of other nations (facsimile) have the seals of the original producer (left), publisher (center) and the IHO (right).
13. Projection and scale of chart at stated latitude. The scale is precisely as stated only at the latitude quoted.
14. Linear scale on large-scale charts
15. Reference to a larger-scale chart
16. Cautionary notes (if any). Information on particular features, to be read before using chart
17. Reference to an adjoining chart of similar scale