When the PocketChart is folded, part of the reverse side becomes a cover with the chart title and a small sketch of the area the chart covers. The rest of the reverse side is a mix of safety, educational, and boating information that is compiled from federal, state, and cooperating private sources. Some of the information is specific to the chart, and some information applies to all areas. The reverse-side information differs from chart to chart.
Reverse-side information may include:
- Selected information from the United States Coast Pilot®
- Table 2 tide correctors
- Safety information from U.S. Coast Guard publications
- State rules and regulations (e.g., boating education regulations) and boat licensing requirements
- Nautical chart design and usage information
- U.S. Coast Guard navigation rules
- National Estuarine Research Reserve information
- Weather information and warnings
This information will increase the safety and enjoyment of a beginner's boating experience.